We have an early look at some of the interesting data coming out of a larger report on teacher attitudes around the use of games in the classroom. The numbers hint at wider use of games in the classroom and indicate teachers see the real benefit of games in helping low-performing students.
Research Report Articles and Posts
Special research reports
Video game improves doctors’ recognition and triage of severe trauma patients | EurekAlert! Science News
"An hour of playing the video game recalibrated physicians' brains to such a degree that, six months later, they were still out-performing their peers in recognizing severe trauma."
via EurekAlert! Science News. December 14, 2017
"Pre- and post-test data show that at the end of the year-long pilot, kids were on average performing at the same level academically as intermediate kindergartners. In three measured skill sets related to early reading, children were on average performing at the same level as beginning first-graders." Via Courier Journal. August 8, 2017
- The @usedgov has launched in grant for small businesses that have funded lots of #gbl proejcts in recent years.… Link -->, Dec 14
- What should we be focusing on more? Link --> via @games_learning, Nov 13
- RT @bjornjeffery: Personal news: it’s time to take a break. I’m stepping down as Toca Boca CEO. Link -->, Sep 19
- RT @mhhighered: 🕹 How focusing on 'small data' can power-up game-based learning: Link --> via @Games_Learning #GBL #analytics, Sep 13
- #GBL Developers Sketch Out Varied Approaches to Market #G4C17 #edtech Link --> via @games_learning, Aug 8