iCivics is a non-profit organization dedicated to reinvigorating civic learning through interactive and engaging learning resources. Their platform has more than 7 million registered students and 100,000 registered teachers in… more »
Carrie Ray-Hill is the Director of Content at iCivics, Inc. Carrie oversees the conceptualization and development of iCivics’ educational resources, with a particular concern for teacher usability. She is responsible for maintaining a consistent focus on iCivics’ educational mission. Carrie received her BS in Historical Studies and secondary teaching certification from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. Prior to joining the iCivics team, Carrie taught middle school social studies and language arts in St. Louis and Washington, DC. Carrie lives in Madison, WI with her husband and cat, Earline. In addition to seeking out the finest of cheeses, she spends her spare time watching BBC quiz shows, making cookies, and killing zombies.
“Kids are our users and parents our customers, that’s why we need to make sure that the product is as educational as we can so parents are confident about their kids using the product. For kids we have to be as fun and engaging so they are hooked to the story and want to play it over and over.”
Via TechCrunch. May 31, 2017
“We’ve seen firsthand the impact that coding has on individuals and the US economy as a whole. The app economy and software development are among the fastest-growing job sectors in America and we’re thrilled to be providing educators and students with the tools to learn coding,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.
Via Apple Newsroom. May 31, 2017
- Over at @Triseum, developers aim to mix class with commerce in new calculus game. #gbl #edtech Link -->, May 23
- RT @gameandlearning: Literature News: Game-Based Learning Across the Lifespan Link -->, Apr 10
- Another case for helping #gbl and #edtech crack the code into more widespread higher ed usage. Link -->, Apr 8
- Interesting partnership shaping up @CERN. #gbl Link -->, Apr 8
- RT @MatthewFarber: Gamify Your Classroom: A Field Guide to Game-Based Learning- Revised Edition! Link -->… Link -->, Apr 5