iCivics is a non-profit organization dedicated to reinvigorating civic learning through interactive and engaging learning resources. Their platform has more than 7 million registered students and 100,000 registered teachers in… more »
Carrie Ray-Hill is the Director of Content at iCivics, Inc. Carrie oversees the conceptualization and development of iCivics’ educational resources, with a particular concern for teacher usability. She is responsible for maintaining a consistent focus on iCivics’ educational mission. Carrie received her BS in Historical Studies and secondary teaching certification from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. Prior to joining the iCivics team, Carrie taught middle school social studies and language arts in St. Louis and Washington, DC. Carrie lives in Madison, WI with her husband and cat, Earline. In addition to seeking out the finest of cheeses, she spends her spare time watching BBC quiz shows, making cookies, and killing zombies.
Video game improves doctors’ recognition and triage of severe trauma patients | EurekAlert! Science News
"An hour of playing the video game recalibrated physicians' brains to such a degree that, six months later, they were still out-performing their peers in recognizing severe trauma."
via EurekAlert! Science News. December 14, 2017
"Pre- and post-test data show that at the end of the year-long pilot, kids were on average performing at the same level academically as intermediate kindergartners. In three measured skill sets related to early reading, children were on average performing at the same level as beginning first-graders." Via Courier Journal. August 8, 2017
- The @usedgov has launched in grant for small businesses that have funded lots of #gbl proejcts in recent years.… Link -->, Dec 14
- What should we be focusing on more? Link --> via @games_learning, Nov 13
- RT @bjornjeffery: Personal news: it’s time to take a break. I’m stepping down as Toca Boca CEO. Link -->, Sep 19
- RT @mhhighered: 🕹 How focusing on 'small data' can power-up game-based learning: Link --> via @Games_Learning #GBL #analytics, Sep 13
- #GBL Developers Sketch Out Varied Approaches to Market #G4C17 #edtech Link --> via @games_learning, Aug 8