In November 2015, middle-school students from Westchester County, New York, found themselves on a windswept field in South Sudan mingling with a crowd of refugees fleeing civil war. Suddenly, they… more »
Chris Berdik is a science journalist who has written about a wide variety of topics, including the intersection of science with ethical issues and the peculiarities of the human brain. (“Why Our Brains Make Us Laugh,” for the Boston Globe, for example.) His book, Mind Over Mind: The Surprising Power of Expectations, was published by Current, an imprint of Penguin, in 2012.
"Pre- and post-test data show that at the end of the year-long pilot, kids were on average performing at the same level academically as intermediate kindergartners. In three measured skill sets related to early reading, children were on average performing at the same level as beginning first-graders." Via Courier Journal. August 8, 2017
"The amount teachers have to deal with on a day to day basis is growing consistently and it is understandable there is a lack of time for extras such as tech. The trouble is that tech is part of our daily lives and children need to master tech beyond using their iPad and mobile phones to have relevant job skills." Via BDaily. August 8, 2017
"Against the dazzling games showcase and the design lessons that their creators shared, a hard but familiar reality set in: where is the support—from funders, from buyers—to keep these efforts financially sustainable?"
-- Via EdSurge. August 4, 2017
- #GBL Developers Sketch Out Varied Approaches to Market #G4C17 #edtech Link --> via @games_learning, Aug 8
- The #GBL industry needs a platform to connect with an audience looking & willing to pay for quality games. #edtech Link -->, Aug 4
- #G4C17 @zenbooks referencing our study on Mind the Gap with @FirstBook educators Link -->, Aug 1
- RT @covertcoviewer: Scary reality for #edtech game developers from @Games_Learning at @G4C #G4C2017 Link -->, Aug 1
- RT @mr_isaacs: #g4c17 honest discussion on platforms & distribution with @markdeloura @games_learning et al. @G4C Link -->, Aug 1